Wednesday 3 September 2008

Zomer 2008 Summer

This year Summer happened on September 1st, for at least four whole hours! So of course I ran out and took some photo's of the outside world on this historical day.


I left last year's two Halloween pumpkins to rot in a corner of the garden and look what they've given me in return! I've counted at least twelve flowers in it and if the birds leave them alone we'll have a lot more than two pumpkins in a few weeks time!




The tiny rose bushes I planted in the Spring have done really well, despite the lack of sunshine, and turn out loads of lovely flowers in this nice deep red colour. And - thanks to the lavender?! - no wee beasties at all, yeah!


The lavender, in the meantime, was growing so wild that I cut it down and hung a nice big bunch by the front door. Just making sure that everybody coming in is calm and relaxed...




The clematis hasn't had much chance to grow and flower, but it's making a brave and beautiful effort.

No comments: